Model: E46 M3
Body Style: Convertible
Transmission: 6-speed Manual (not SMG)
Year: 2001
Mileage: ~47,500 miles
Price: $18,800
Exterior Color: Steel Gray
Interior: Black Napa Leather

The car is in great condition. The seats are generally a good way to tell how the previous owners treated the car (especially since they are real napa leather), and they look great. There is a scratch on the rear bumper though. It was there when I bought the car. I use Ragg Topp convertible top cleaner and sealer only to maintain the top.

The car is untouched by any modifications. It came fully loaded (I think) off of the line. It has rear parking sensors, navigation, and 19" premium staggered rims.

Since acquiring the car around 3,000 miles ago, I have replaced one ignition coil. I have also bought an Inspection II package. This service is supposed to be completed somewhere near 60,000 miles, but I wanted to do it just as a precaution. I haven't done it yet, but keep in mind that this is an expensive service. Classic BMW quoted me $1,500 for it. I would never go to a dealership to get anything done though; they don't even know the correct fluids to be using in some cases. They also try to cut corners whenever possible (they expect owners not to notice; most don't).

EDIT: I just completed the entire Inspection II except for the valve adjustment. I did everything except the oil and filter change myself, so I know it was done right. I also have one bottle of transmission fluid and an untouched oil and filter change kit left over.

All the mechanicals are in sound condition. I have not heard the dreaded "vanos rattle" yet. Since it's a 6-speed, you won't have any SMG headaches.

I recognize that the price may be higher than some other M3's, but keep in mind that those other ones are probably treated like junk. I only use BMW OEM fluids, and don't track the car. The clutch has never been dumped. Also remember that I am including either the Inspection II package (minus valve adjustment kit), or a car with an Inspection II already done. It also has four brand new Hankook's on it (as of 8/10/12).

Thank you for your interest, and have a great day!

Attached Images

Last edited by emanresu; 04-28-2014 at 10:43 AM..
Appreciate 0