08-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #15
Magnetic Fusion
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3, 1995 E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dngo View Post
Got my car back last week after getting the 'increased emissions' warning, SES light, and 2722 code. The tech tested the fuel pressure - the ITSA indicated pressure was 4.5 bar, but the actual measured pressure was only about 3 bar. I am amazed the car still ran.

In addition to replacing the low pressure fuel sensor, they also replaced the control unit for the fuel pump (EKP). Stored code was 27CE. The not-always-stable idle and low speed bucking when cold that I thought was normal is now gone.

Dave
Hey Dave I guess "bucking" is the perfect term used to describe my cars morning sickness. It feels like I'm a 15 year old kid learning to drive a stick! Ok so I'm wondering, I see I can do the Low Pressure Sensor myself per the DIY on this thread. I'm wondering about the control unit for the fuel pump. Is this going to be expensive and can I do this myself once the airbox is removed too? I'm an engineer and I've rebuilt the engine on my 1995 M3 but I've recently moved and don't have my garage space like I did in Arizona. Plus all my tools and ramps are in Arizona too. I'm in an apartment in NY now. So I may need to to bring to a shop if the work on the control unit to the fuel pump is too extensive. My car is out of warranty so all cost are coming out of my pocket. Anything to save a buck helps. So how much was all the work and parts for your fix because I like my cars running perfect and this SES light ruins my day. My 1995 M3 still has zero lights on the cluster on it and runs like new. No reason why my 08 can't run like new again