01-09-2008, 03:56 AM   #8
Davo2003
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
I have it and don't think it is worth it.

I just drove a NON-EDC E92 m3 and it felt more compliant than MY EDC in soft mode.

While more compliant - as far as stopping roll the non EDC felt like EDC on max hard (full sport)

So save the bucks I think.

BUT - EDC will probably help resale - if a buyer has a choice between an NON EDC and EDC he'd prob go the EDC.

my 2 cents.
Nice to see all the answers. I posed the same question many weeks ago and at the time nobody really chimed in with an informed opinion. My contention is that on my 330i with Sport Pkg, the car handled like a slot car and was just fine on bumps etc. So how could the M3 without EDC be worse than my 330i with Sport Pkg?? I love gadgets but can't imagine enjoying switching between modes. Everytime I go out in my Bimmer it's "race day" for me. I enjoy taking corners at double the recommnded speed when traffic allows..and that's often

Personally, I am waiting on the upgrade audio specs. If it's really something special, I will get the Tech Pkg and Audio upgrade. If not, I will go with 19's, SR, Ipod/USB...that's it. I love the iDrive interface, CA, NAV soso, but M drive and EDC are things I actually couldn't care less about. I mean seriously, if I have a non-tech pkg car and a guy with "M-drive" pulls up next to me, does he like smoke me because punching the M button launches him into some kind of "light speed" mode?
Seems like alot of fluff when the stock setup most likely rocks as is.
My 2 cents.