10-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #8
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgi View Post
Sorry for the delay but the iphone app wouldn't post my response and I had to wait until I got to a real computer.

I forgot about the title. Good catch. Yes, take the title with you and fill out the CA form "Application for Duplicate Title" - I did this at the same time too. I should add that I make small banter with the people in DMV and this usually goes very well. They become more helpful when I make a mistake. And hell, who doesn't want to be treated nicely :-)

One last point: if the vehicle has anything obvious that CA frowns upon, be warned. The inspector may call this out. My motorcycle had an obvious aftermarket exhaust that the inspector said looked cool and smiled. For my car, I had tint on the front side windows and rolled down the windows prior to pulling up for the inspection.
okay thank for that, didn't see that i had to fill out the form. Looks like you filled the title form in person, I might as well fill it before my appointment, so all my paperwork are orderly and ready to go.

My car isn't modded, isn't throwing a CEL or any issues.
Appreciate 0