esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterile stork View Post
A couple points:

Saying it's late in the game seems short-sighted somewhat. While a different market offering, HPF came into E46 M forced-induction a few years after the platform had been out, and saw great success.
Sure. How much did those kits cost? (From what I can tell, $5k. Which would go exactly to my point)

Quote:
Another consideration is that it's not uncommon for force-fed E9X owners to switch between kits (often upgrading within the family) but to excuse the possibility of migration to another offering is just erroneous.
Upgrading "within the family" is a huge difference compared to upgrading BETWEEN different kits. A lot of people upgrade their VF or ESS kits from stage 1 to stage 2. The cost to do that is low - the barrier to entry has been removed. Fewer go from stage 2 to 3. But there are only a handful ofpeople who take a kit off, and purchase an entirely brand new kit. If Harrop is counting on those kinds of numbers, they're not going like the conversion rate. Its your assumption thats erroneous.

Quote:
Is there an equivalent sample size (100 - 200 cars) available for ESS kits? Gintani kits? VF kits? I'd argue that a smaller sample size, with greater emphasis on mileage would speak more appropriately to the capability of the kit.
ESS has a sample size in that ballpark. Can't speak to to Gintani or VF. Even assuming your argument about smaller sample size and more miles is correct - its not -it does nothing to defeat the point i made earlier: that until that sample size is out they'll be hard pressed to penetrate the market. Putting the kind of miles that you're talking about (in other words so many miles to compensate for a lack of sample size) would still take an extraordinary amount of time.

Quote:
Lastly, thanks for signing your post, I was worried someone else logged into your account and posted from your handle. The redundancy is appreciated

your dull sarcasm is noted. i sign most of my posts. since you seem so thrilled with them, here's another just for you.

-esquire

p.s. for what its worth. nothing i'm saying here is intended to knock the architecture or innovation of the kit, or a criticism on what kind of numbers it can put down. I'm actually very hopeful about them, and think they may be onto something promising. My comments are geared strictly to their price point and market penetration.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]

Last edited by esquire; 05-22-2013 at 11:27 AM..
Appreciate 0