View Single Post
      11-17-2011, 12:57 PM   #462
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' YMB/Blk F82

You will not make money if you trade for short term...you have to use the 50dma and 200dma...only people lucky enough to get the IT and LT trend correct will make money...ST traders always get slaughtered by the pro's.

For ST traders you have know about delta charts and money/volume flow.

But if you have a real job you cant trade ST successfully as its too stressful...and trading options is very very dangerous...I use it as a hedge mostly and sometimes take very small positions in options for fun mostly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamako View Post
Quick question for a noob:

They say that watching moving averages will not work during range bound trading. Is this because that moving averages are lagging and by the time you get the signal, the opposite may be happening?

I am watching 5 and 9 day moving averages and looking for crossovers as it lags less and a little bit extra to have signals call early. This is one of the strategies that is being used by this group I just joined. <--aside: this group mainly trades options, but I found out that I can't stomach it and keep my day job.

So with a shorter EMA, will still be more effective with range bound trading?

Lastly, as a check-I am checking the Hull Moving Average and quick review of MACD.

Thank you in advance for any input.

Papertrading
SQQQ (Nov 14 )
TZA (Nov 14)
Appreciate 0