View Single Post
      03-01-2011, 08:18 AM   #17
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by spmd11 View Post
It's a special car isn't it? Not deserving to be driven all over the place like a cab?
To be honest, I don't think it is, no. Sure it is an amazing performance machine, but it has absolutely no less practical value as a daily driver than any other passenger car in this price range. As I mentioned in a past thread, would you park a $70k X5 50i or 550i in the garage only for special occasions? Then why the heck do the same with the M3? It's not like it's a race car with tough to live with lack of ammenities, or some priceless exotic. It's simply a luxury car where they put a lot more effort into the performance side of the equation than just about any other luxury car below $100k. It really does not make sense to think about the car as some magical machine that you put up on a pedestal and only take out on a special day.

I would take the wife to go test drive the 335is and M3 and make the decision based on back-to-back drives. To me, with the minimal price difference for comparably equipped cars, the M3 is an absolute no brainer, but test them both and you'll know which is right for you and your wife.
Appreciate 0