View Single Post
      02-28-2011, 09:57 PM   #13
spmd11
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

To make things more clear from my first post. We bought the 1 coupe and 335 for our two boys to own into their first decade after college. Because number 1 son is going to England for a year, we will have an extra car. So, this will give me an opportunity to sell my wife's 135 convertible with the automatic trans...because... we would like a more performance oriented vehicle... i.e. DCT. And we want something a little larger. So, M3 or 335is? That is the big question. The X5 is not exactly a sports car... yet this car is really my wife's daily driver but something that I will enjoy several times a week for my sport drive...

Lastly, I had an 09 M3 and it killed me to sell it. But we had to have a utility vehicle and no one in the family would compromise on that! So, I ended up with the X and sold the M.

I guess I'm answering my own question... My wife does drive a lot of miles around town though, and I question if the M is to raw for the daily moving around. It's a special car isn't it? Not deserving to be driven all over the place like a cab?