08-07-2008, 11:45 PM   #96
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousm3 View Post
wait so one guy calls you out (because you were wrong) and you associate that with m3 owners not tracking their cars.

Why have you made the association between more caliper pistons = higher performance.

The number of pistons a caliper has is one of least important factors in a brake systems performance.

Granted higher performance brake systems tend to have more pistons... but that doesnt mean the multiple pistons are responsible for the extra performance... other factors have a much larger effect.

Once again... the 135i does not have better brakes then the m3... it has more pistons in the calipers... but that again is the association your making between number of pistons and performance, which just isnt accurate.

Im sorry but your argument is that your butt dyno was a more accurate braking performance measuring device then the 2 data recorders c&d used in their braking test results.

Then you made some preposterous argument that because 2 factors in a comparison test (that had nothing to do with braking) weren't performance orientated... so now every test c&d does is BS.

As for you basically saying porsche and ferrari forums are better because their cars are more expensive well IMO thats a pretty stupid thing to say which isnt true. But hey if you dont want to be on here... no skin off any of our backs.
A big +1 on all of this above.

A big part of the problem here is your attitude. This one below is a real winner showing a bit of your "true colors":

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulGT3 View Post
For you guys who felt it necessary to feel insulted and hurl insults I am a bit ashamed that this kind of behavior came in this type of forum. This rarely happens in the GT3 forums. Maybe the higher cost brings a more mature driver.
Sure you had some pretty heated words and a good spat with a fellow here but you'll have to face it, you lost this argument. On top of that YOU are the fellow who really escalated the beginning of the strong words and sarcasm here in this thread. Look at your own post #65 in which you began seriously questioning Arts credentials.

You have yet to refute with any credible evidence whatsoever that multiple pistons = superior design. One of the biggest misconceptions out there about brakes.

No one is saying BMW brakes are superior to Porsche brakes for dedicated track work. Furthermore no one is saying BMW brakes are 100% track worthy. However, BMWs often out brake P cars weighing substantially less purely in terms of braking distance. Is that as important as fade, no not really, but it is a testament to many things being "right" with their systems.

Please don't forget these key things:

1. The "nice" "beautiful" "racy" MULTI-PISTON Brembo brakes on the 350Z SUCK, period. They are all about looks and not performance.
2. The 135i Brembo brakes may be a grade or two above these but if you swapped the M3 and 135i brakes systems the M3 would suffer immensely.
3. PISTON COUNT IS NOT VERY IMPORTANT.

If you acknowledge and accept these three things I think most of us here will feel that the discussion was fruitful and just maybe you will have learned a little something new.

Appreciate 0