04-19-2010, 11:03 PM   #29
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
Well that complete segment makes no sense!Porky trucks with tons of horsepower that go quick and burn tons of fuel and cannot tow anything of any real size.The X5M & X6m are a real joke and real embarassment to any "true" M series enthusiast.If i want a all wheel drive vehicle that goes quick there are lots of other good choices out there that are a heck of lot more usefull.
It is`a shame as the Normal X5 & X6 are very good vehicles with reasonable cost.
Which SUV doesnt burn gas?

They all have boxy like structures and arent capable of being fuel efficient!

Although, one should ask themselves what utility you want from a truck and whether you have other vehicles in the household.

I think the X5/X6 are capable of towing, and I am most certain that there M versions will be more then capable if the standard ones are

Secondly, The real embarasment part I could agree somewhat, but considering the competition is offering them?
Who thought porsche, the company you worship and makes amazing cars like the GT3!, would ever consider making a SUV

Finally, in terms of price, the X5/X6M are bargains when you consider the pricing!
I'll give you an example:
The X6 50i starts at $81,000 which is not as fully loaded as the M version which starts at $99,000.
When you start looking at the options and packages standard on the M vs the 50i, after all is set and done the difference is in the range of $10,000-$13,000!

I would honestly think to myself, if I am already spending in that range, whats another $10,000-$13,000 when I am getting the following:

1. A M-truck (with all the good stuff, M diff, DPCC, Torque Vectoring etc.)
2. 555 ponies! 500lbft torque!
3. Fastest SUV/SAV that money can buy today!
4. Excellent Performance and Handling on par with most sports cars (I had one for a few days and fully attest to the X6M's capabilities, its like no SUV I have ever driven!)
5. 0-60mph of 4.0s! and 1/4miles in the low 12s

I think its a no brainer duncan
Appreciate 0