View Single Post
      02-15-2013, 12:08 AM   #21
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
You're WAY TOO DEFENSIVE. No where did I attack anyone.
I just want to know why you say this wheel is better than that wheel.
If a person asks about a track wheel in a size that's optimal for track use on this car, I'm going to assume they're going to use them at the track. VOLK has been able to cross the boundary between track wheel and bling wheel, but HRE isn't there yet, IMO. If someone's asking about an R40, they should be asking about it for track use. They have MUCH BETTER LOOKING wheels than the R40, IMO.

So, If I'm looking for a track wheel and want the best bang for the buck, then I'm going APEX or Enkei. If I want the best possible track wheel, I'm going TE37 or TE37SL, since you'd save $1,000. I just don't see where the R40's fall in the picture, unless you're a HUGE HRE fan. But the end, are they going to be that much better than the APEX or Enkei for track use???
If you say yes, in what way will they be better???

Again, I'm not attacking anyone. I just want someone to enlighten me.
You seem to be the one "taking it to heart." I don't care what wheel OP chooses.

Why HRE or Volk over Apex? Forged, proven history, great customer service, higher quality materials and finishes.

Why HRE over Volk? HRE allows you to customize the width, offset, and finish. The ability to choose your width and offset allows you to tailor the wheel to the tires that you want to use. Plus they offer the service of repairing the wheels if there is damage. Some people care about the styling of the wheel; even if it is for the track (and like HRE's style over the other options). Some people want an 18" wheel on the street with BBK clearance. The R40 fits the bill. Some people want to buy something made in america. If you don't see value in any of those things then they are not the best option for you.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M

Last edited by slicer; 02-15-2013 at 09:59 AM..
Appreciate 0