View Single Post
      07-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #175
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
So true. I've talked to a lot of M3 owners who spend thousands on 20 HP gain , coilovers and nice light weight wheels and rubber, but don't have any desire at all to even try the track.
The author is a total //M fanboi and has been with //M for many decades. He's seen special track edition cars with true performance improvements and this one is named after a legendary track with NO IMPROVEMENTS.
How can people not see why he'd be upset about it??

Which track specials? The E30 Evo? Not sold here. M3 LTW? Sold for one year with the punched-out 325i engine, but wonder of wonders they're "hand picked" from all the other engines so you're guaranteed to get the best-performing punched-out 325i engine possible. At least it was lighter. FOR ONE MODEL YEAR, and oh by the way PTG were the ones who did final assembly, not BMW M. The E46? CSL wasn't sold here, maybe he's upset because the E46 Competition Package was such a huge improvement with its mouse-fur cruise-control delete steering wheel and wheels from a model we can't get here. What, exactly, was so much better 5, 10, 15, or 20 years ago in the US? M cars were still heavier and just as or more cushy than the base cars, M cars were still not up to prolonged track duty without improvements, M cars were still higher-performing STREET CARS and they always have been.

People are such goddamned whiners it's unbelievable.

Last edited by Richbot; 07-13-2012 at 08:49 AM..
Appreciate 0