Drives: '11 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
1994 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieA
1. Users do not run by default in administrator mode like Windows does, therefore making it less likely for a vulnerability to become a problem.

2. Because of this, software can't modify the system or install applications unless the user specifically gives permission by entering the Administration password into a dialogue box that pops up whenever software tries to do this.
these are the two main reason why there are virtually no effective viruses for the Mac. it's very difficult to write one because every time you want to change something that matters (system-wise) you hit a wall with "enter password, asshole" written on it. so unless you're stupid enough to download an email attachment named "Open Me" from an unknown person, you open it and enter your password when prompted, you're pretty much protected. now if you do do that, that your own damn fault, not the system's.

another reason why OS X or Darwin or UNIX is a lot safer than Windows is that the programmers who built it were actually awake, thinking and collaborating while writing the code. that means, there are a lot fewer bugs, security holes or buffer overload opportunities that are so often and so easily exploited under Windows.

another thing to mention about OS X or Apple in general is that it has a character. that is why you see Mac users being complete maniacs about their computers because they genuinely love them. there is just something about it that makes you that way. just like with BMWs. there is something to those cars that makes us want them, talk about them, worship them and use them all the time. and Windows simply doesn't have THAT thing, the mojo, or whatever you wanna call it.
1994 E36 325i - Boston Green/Beige/Automatic/ZPP/Heated Seats/Premium Sound - Sold
Appreciate 0