07-09-2007, 10:57 AM   #19
bullitt5897
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: is300

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Ugh with capital letters UGH.

Yeah I guess you are right. BMW (like Ford) is leaving massive untapped potential and have really detuned the engine to get 420 hp at 8300 prm from a 4l. What the hell is a bullitt besides a mispelling of a projectile from a gun?

I can't wait to see your riced out M3 with the full CF look. The stock Al hood will probably be lighter than a crap aftermarket CF hood anyway. Many of the body panels are already plastic and don't need to be CF at all. CF is for STRUCTURAL COMPONENTS, not cosmetic ones.

Ugh
Ok first of all, the Bullitt mustang is the car steve mcqueen drove in the very first American car chase! its supposed to be the baddest of baddest NA mustangs available. They did a limited production run of them in 2001 I had the british racing green version and it was putting around 330hp and 365ft of torque on an all NA motor. from that POS of a 4.6 that was impressive!

I am not about ricing out an M3 CF is for weight saving as well as aesthetics. If you look at Vorsteiner's products in the E46 M crowd you will get nothing but Rave reviews of their products. I will do what ever I can to reduce the weight of the new M so I can have that .1 of a sec faster car. Why? because on the track that .1 of a sec can make or brake you. by the way if you check out any of my ps you will see what I am looking to do. I am not set on the front bumper but I will do something good I can guarantee you that.

500hp NA wont be hard. if you run a more aggressive cam setup, highflow cats or cat deletes, headers, exhaust, intake system, larger fuel injectors and a really good ECU tune. you should easily hit that 500hp mark granted all said in done 10k is about the pricetag it would cost to reach that goal no doubt! I will likely go the FI route.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0