04-04-2011, 12:21 PM   #58
M3Fool
Loves FFDP
Germany
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 SOLD 11 5.0 'Stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
Threads like this blow my mind, rather than talk about real world rewards the debate is based on seconds established by a race car driver.

If you want to buy and build a full on race car, you probably should not buy an M3.

Also, the cayman S is very tight on the inside, not a whole lot of breathing room - people who have only a Cayman S and DD it are crazy in my mind. Having DD'd an S2000I know about tight spaces but for some reason the Cayman S feels tighter.

The Carrera is and always will be the perfect size and shape for the traditional sports car, it's designed for performance and balance.

The M3 is and always will be the best of both worlds, comfort and sports. If BMW wanted to go after the Carrera or the Cayman it would NOT be with an M3.

The fact of the matter is most of us will spend 99.9% of the time commuting or driving on public roads in our cars. If you are looking for a race car, you're not looking at stock vs. stock. If you're going to compare a Carrera S to an M3, it should be more about the real world benefits rather than a hair of a second on some track.
Corrected