08-08-2008, 05:08 PM   #38
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer_tx View Post
I do understand the concept of different cars for different purposes. What I don't understand is the mentality that most Prius driver have of " I'm better than everyone else because I'm driving a hybrid like Al Gore says we need to to save the world". You can have a fuel efficient car like the mini cooper, and have something that actually performs well and looks good too. It also doesn't have the image of a Prius driver. Oh, what can you do in a Prius that you can't do in a 135i? I don't think you can tow much with either or put more in a prius or do about anything in prius you couldn't do in a 135i except go to tree hugger convention..
BMW drivers have one of the worst stereotypes on the planet. Doesn't that make them bad cars? Hardly.

As for what you can do in a Prius that you can't do in a 135i? How about:
-Haul four full grown men comfortably on a trip
-Haul a dinning room table and two chairs
-Drive off the lot for under $23k well equipped
-Go 470 miles on 10 gallons of regular fuel

Just to name a few. Do you think my GF or mother cares if the car can't do 0-60 in seven seconds? Hell no they don't. A Mini gets a little over HALF the city mileage of a Prius, and has about half the interior space. What an idiotic comment that was.

Quote:
The On board computer (which i am well aware that it is not that accurate) fluctuates between 25.7mpg and 27.x at 100mph in sixth gear with the cruise control set on my car. The Prius took around 43 seconds to max out at 101 mph so going 90+ mph in a prius would require allot of near wot.
In case you haven 't noticed, I too own a 135i. It doesn't get anywhere close to 27mpg at 100MPH. It doesn't even get 27MPG at 80MPH. I've got a whole pile of recipts from about 8000 miles of road trips in the last 6 weeks that clearly prove it, with full GPS average speed documented on every one. Stop talking out of your ass, it makes you sound more foolish than you already do.

Quote:
You should watch that BBC episode, They have some very interesting info on the Prius and their drivers. Maybe you didn't catch the sarcasm in the last paragraph; Prius drivers wouldn't find it funny anyways. The episode proves that if you try to drive fast in a prius you will get horrible mpg, even worse than the V8 M3.

I've watched it, and in case you didn't realize...it was a joke. Of course a 400Hp coupe is going to get better mileage at part throttle than a Prius is going to get at WOT, but that's got ZERO bearing on the real world. Who the hell do you think takes a Prius to a track? Your argument is so lame it's mind boggling.
Appreciate 0