08-13-2009, 11:10 AM   #10
m3tor
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
I've been having a couple rattles from around the passenger side door.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshao825 View Post
...I recently just noticed the same rattle you speak of (passenger's side area), and can't put my finger on it no matter what. I don't know if it's the passenger's seat, glove compartment, cupholder, etc. ....
Glad to hear its not just me. I've had a rattle in the passenger door since I picked the car up in March 2008. Have tried a few things

1) dealer was convinced it was my iDrive knob - WTF? - they replaced it and of course had nothing to do with rattle so its still there

2) dealer took door panel off and couldn't find anything. When they put the panel back on they broke some of the clips so then the rattling got worse

3) dealer took door panel off again and told me some clips were broken. No kidding. They replaced clips and added some felt inside door panel. It hasn't helped the rattle

4) I'm convinced the rattle is the following: there are what I call map pockets in the door. One that flips out (the front one) and one that's fixed (further back in the door). The fixed one has a hard plastic liner/bin - if I press on the hard plastic liner it makes the same noise that I get when it rattles over bumps. Its like the seal between the hard plastic of the liner and the soft material of the door panel isn't there / not sure if there's glue between the surfaces and it didn't take properly or what.

Asked them to replace hard plastic liner and/or reglue it or add some felt around the liner. They tell me they can't order the part individually but need to order a whole new door panel. Huh?...

Anyway - they won't do anything further until I take the shop foreman on a road test and get the rattle to occur. Need to get around to scheduling that....

Please let me know if anyone else gets their rattle fixed - sound similar to mine
2002 E46 M3 Carbon Black / Imola Red, 6 speed, 19s - SOLD
Appreciate 0