Thread: Breaking It In
View Single Post
      08-10-2008, 08:53 PM   #40
knifegun
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

But if something goes wrong with your engine (let's say unrelated to break in procedure) and they see you did not follow the break in instructions, you your engine repair may be out of warranty. They track all of what you do with your car RPM wise during the break in periods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamr View Post
keep it below 5500 RPM, thats what im doing ... and not over 170km/h ... and its frustrating as hell ... im not gonna just floor the car, will follow the instructions as per BMW ... i know some that would just floor the car ...

PROS and CONS regarding you folllowing a proper break in procedure as per BMW instructions:

PROS: if the book says dont kill the car before 2000km, cause if you do, something might break, and would ///M GmBH not know better? it is their product after all

CONS: if you dont give a sh1t about break in and floor the car to redline when you get it, you could be getting a faster and more reliable car in the long term ... this is a urban legend at the moment to me, how true it is .... i cant vouch for that
Appreciate 0