View Single Post
      07-14-2010, 11:09 PM   #1
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Need help where to buy concert tickets safely (after a rant)

Hi gang. Have to do something I promised to myself never to do, but I'm going to make an exception only because it's for my daughter. I'm talking about never buying tickets from f*&#ing ticketmaster. Well, now I hate them even more. Promised my daughter to take her to a Gaga concert, and my wife was glued the moment tickets were supposed to be available. NOTHING. To make a long story short, the first hour was off limits to the public. The second that tickets were made available to the public, NOTHING was left, except the crappiest tickets at the very top. Found out the a**holes sell the tickets to scalpers (including one they reportedly own) during that hour. My daughter told me tickets were available on such sites WEEKS before tickets became available. WTF? Going to concerts, games, and races are one of the few things many Americans can do, and these freaking creeps take that away from us . I can't believe nobody has done anything about it. Another great American story: making a fortune without doing anything, and getting away with it. Geez.

Anyway, now not only I have to buy (indirectly) from those pigs, but at double the price. I gave up an Indy 500 race because of that, but won't break my daughter's heart, so will buy the tickets. After doing some research, there're horror stories from all sites I could find, so need some guidance from the experts PLEASE .

Concert is in Phoenix on the 31st. I have a hotel room secured already, and will leave El Paso, TX early Saturday morning to allow plenty of time (Oh, and if somebody has traveled thru hwy 70/60 from Lordsburg, NM to Phoenix, rather than I-10 all the way, please comment on that choice). Most sites say on thier fine print they don't have the tickets, might never get them, no refunds, all sales final, etc, so paying for 'expedited' shipping is simply a waste of money. And on comments read that folks received PAPER tickets when they were expecting the real thing, and some were fake. I want to buy REAL tickets to avoid a disaster, if possible. Thanks in advance for your help gang.

Last edited by JCtx; 07-14-2010 at 11:15 PM..
Appreciate 0