View Single Post
      10-08-2005, 11:15 AM   #7
icedragon
guardian of ice and snow
Rep
Drives: 128i, 325i

Garage List
06 325xi  [0.00]
I wasn't a fan of BMW's old styling. I thought the old cars looked rather boxy and uninspiring. And then came the Bangle era, and although some people don't like the new styling, I LOVE it.

I actually hated the the old look of the E46. I prefered the A4. It got to the point where I would bash my friends who loved BMW, saying what ugly cars BMWs were. And then they redesigned it and came out with the new E90 - I instantly fell in love. I had seen a remarkably accurate photoshops of it in a German magazine (when I went to Germany last year) and was determined to buy one.

However, I only like the new 1,3,5, and 6 series. I actually don't like the ackward lines of the Z4 and 7 series, which ironically, were the only two cars that Bangle actually designed. All the other ones were designed afterwards. Even the E90 was drafted by some Japanese designer. So in the new Bangle-era, I like all the cars that were not directly designed by Bangle. Does Bangle even work for BMW anymore?

So I guess I'm a "new-age-post-Bangle" BMW fan
Appreciate 0