01-17-2012, 07:18 AM   #119
James T. Kirk
Captain of the Enterprise
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK OPS View Post
The more and more I read this forum..... it dawned on me that it's much less likely that Valencia BMW stole the $ but more likely OP was able to cross the T's and dot the I's without providing money in one form or another. The purchaser accepted the paperwork and keys from the salesman and floored it out the lot, cash in hand.

In fact a picture is provided that it's still in possession.

^ This seems like a likely scenario, although I must say I have no personal knowledge of any of these parties. However, if you look at it logically, it is highly unlikely that a finance manager is going to take someone's cash, pocket it over a paperwork technicality, repossess a customer's car, and draw a ton of potential criminal/legal attention and bad p.r. for $20K.

I also like to put big down payments when I purchase cars, but I would never hand over a wad of cash. I pay by making the dealership accept it on AMEX after the agreed price is finalized. That way everything is on record, my purchase is guaranteed, I pay no interest, and I get points. Not to mention AMEX sticks them with a 3-4% fee on their end just to add a little sting to the profit they're making on me.
Attached Images

2011 1 Series M Coupe VO M3 vs 1M Comparo Review
2011 M3 E90 DCT ZCP (sold) * 2010 335i Sedan (sold)
2005 M3 Convertible (sold) * 2003 325i Sedan (sold)

Last edited by James T. Kirk; 01-17-2012 at 07:32 AM..
Appreciate 0