Blayne
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Escalade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Many HR departments use social sites to evaluate you, some even ask your permission. It isn't a hoax.
I knew about this.

The article speaks of social network "influence" and "reputation". What exactly does that mean? Basing who you are as a person based on how many fucking FB friends you have? That is ludcrous, and sounds nothing short of a hoax.

FWIW, Facebook gets a lot of crap for their privacy settings, but I think people are just retarded and don't know how to use them. I've made it so it's impossible to find me (my super common name doesn't help either). I've tested it a few times just to make sure you can't see me. Some people I defriended a while ago thought I died in Iraq and my FB was deleted, I know because they asked another friend about it, lol.
It sounds retarded as shit, yes..though is it going to happen...I put money on it. Look at where our society as a whole was in the beginning of 2000, now 12 years from now, it's s TOTALLY different place, shit is changing so fast, and is all technology based. Before people knew, who knew who. Now look look on fuckin Facebook like the above article is saying....it's the same principal.
Appreciate 0