OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMcV3y View Post
If one decides to post information on a public forum, then there's an assumption that you're equally willing to share the relevant background information.

Otherwise, it feels incomplete. And then you get a number of people that ask (repeatedly) for details. Maybe for context. Maybe for prurient purposes. Maybe for sheer gossip-fodder.

It's not much different than "I was in a vehicle collision, and my rear bumper was smashed. Where should I go to get a quote?" And people then responding with: "Pics?" "How much damage?" "Is the frame/modular-body bent?" "What were the circumstances of the collision?" blah blah blah.

If a poster prefers to keep the story to him/herself, then a poster should probably not write something on the Internet about it.

Just my opinion.

. V
fair enough and good points. In the end, the OP was only looking for advice, but it seems people's expectations ran it's course with this thread. The OP stated previously, after requests for more info, that he prefers not to mention further details unless he can't resolve things. I too would like to hear the background on the story, but after the OP stated his intent, I don't see a reason to badger him about it.
Appreciate 0