10-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #45
KmndntKlink
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKG M3 View Post
Hey guys, don't want to start a new thread on winter setups so decided to revive this one since I need some help from fellow Canadians that know our winters.

I need some opinions on how to setup the car for winter. I have a few ideas but would like your thoughts and suggestions to help me narrow it down or perhaps open my eyes with some new ideas.

Currently have the 220M wheels with the stock summer Conti tires.

1. I can just wrap the 220M in winter rubber and keep the summer tires for a summer set of wheels...thinking of getting OEM ZCP wheels for next summer.

2. Get a set of winter wheels but I want to keep the car looking stock so thinking of the gunmetal 219's and would like to run the stock tire sizes but winter tires

3. Go with something that is not stock looking but a bit different and original since its only for winter and will be on the car for a rather short time. Initial thoughts about size would be 19s since they look better on the car and I am not lowered to make an after market 18 wheel look good. Having said that, perhaps there are awesome looking 18s out there that look good on stock height.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated and since there is still time before our first winter storm I can make an informed decision that I'll be happy with.

One last thing, would I be able to run 245 fronts and 265 rears winters??

Oh, and this is not my DD so it wont be seeing the snow all the time except the times when I want to take it out to have some fun.

Thanks!
I had some curb rash on my OEM 220Ms got a sick deal on a set of replicas & PSS. So i just use those for summer and the f'd up OEMs for winter. Easier than remounting rubber every season. I run 245&265 in the winter no problem. I have blizzaks, they're very good. I DD. Ditch the conti's they suck ass compared to the PSS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Sweet! Congrats! Nice to have both cars to drive. Wish I had the space to keep mine, but will more than likely sell the M3 when the GT3 comes.
so you did end up getting GT3 huh? congrats, now you gonna compete with sawzall?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ep99 View Post
Actually, while waiting for service in Town&Country BMW...I noticed they are carrying performance tire with TPMS...it got a 833 mhz label on it.

I didn't bother inquiring since its almost winter anyway.
I can confirm that TPMS exists on canadian cars. I know because it yelled @ me once saying all my tires were low. turns out they were actually fine, but the system will show all 4 as low even if only one is ~32psi instead of the 34-35. IDK what happened with my summer set though, I got them from the states but I didn't ask if they came with TPMS & I had them installed @ a shop, so idk if they hooked it up or w/e. They were dirt cheap, so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have it (but isn't it legally mandated there?) Either way haven't had any problems since, but it does exist here.