View Single Post
      04-18-2011, 09:55 PM   #5
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

The LA CCA runs a VERY GOOD program, particularly if you're new to tracking. The size of the run groups are not huge and every car has an instructor who has gone through a teaching program to learn how to communicate with the student.
It's a very SAFE way to get on the track with your $70k car.
You don't pass unless you get a point by and every car has an instructor to prevent the bone heads from doing something stupid. The classroom time is also very good.

If you're talking PCA, you have to own a Porsche to be a member in Cali, unless they changed that rule recently.

All the instructors at the CCA event's are volunteers except for 1/2 a room and a lunch. And they're not staying at the Ritz when they have an event. Lunch is a box lunch and is sometimes covered by a dealer. They do it because they like to teach. They don't even get a session out at some events.
I don't know what it's like to run with either of those organizations, but this is an excellent program and well worth the money, IMO.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0