View Single Post
      07-27-2009, 02:26 PM   #44
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Smile

IMO...while the 1-series may be a great little car, that is exactly what it is. The M3s performance, heritage and look is at the top of it's game and recognized around the world as an amazing machine. To compare a modded 1-series with a BMW is like comparing a nice Z06 Corvette with a Ferrari 360 or 430.

This comparison makes less sense than comparing a 335 to an M3...and at least the 335 is a sweet looking ride.

There are plenty of other cars, that are much cheaper, that can possibly give you what you are looking for in a 1-series.

Numbers don't always tell the story....anything can be modded to outperform another super high performance machine.....I've seen a dodge Neon beat the piss out of a C7 Z06....and I rather take the Z06 any day.

My old Stg 4 WRX could outperform my stock e92....and you guessed it, there would be no way in hell I would even make a comparison.

Like another member said....the M3 is at the top of its game! Getting a 1-series will keep you wanting an M3. Getting an M3 will never make you want a 1-series.

For about the same price can't you get a 335? At least the 335 looks great and can easily upgraded if desired...still not an ///M but very nice!

If you like the look and performance of a 1-series, I recommend you save the cash and get an EVO or STI...it has four doors, great performance, easy to maintain and you get AWD for a fraction of the cost associated with a modded 1-series.

-SZ
Appreciate 0