10-05-2015, 09:08 PM   #1384
Jon@NL
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutfy View Post
We need to have Jon put more info on his X1 or a few videos if he can

From what I can guess, 2:15ish or even quicker (I swear to God I was there on the track and saw all of this) look at his Mid Ohio times above. Absolutely mental!

Lutfy
At the Glen I didn't really get a good lap time, it was my first time at the track and it rained on Sunday I think? Maybe was saturday...anyway I only got a few sessions and the car was not running well.

Here is a 1:44 flat at mid ohio. That GTR that blew me away is insanely fast. Cobb tuned 600whp. I have him in the corners though.

Here is me chasing a GT4 but over driving and making a lot of mistakes. Get passed by a lot of cool hardware including a cup car, a few GTR race cars, etc. There were only a couple of non-stripped dedicated track cars in the group. There was a really cool E92 M3 here running 1:38 on hoosiers. I don't think it is in the video but he was completely gutted, full caged, full carbon aero, BBK front and rear with bimmerworld CF backing plates and custom ducting, data acquisition, James Clay built and tweaked. Extremely awesome car.

These are both in the instructor 1 group with MORPCA.

I have a friend who has a supercharged E36 M3 with aero (he was with me at Watkins running the instructor group, ran a 2:10 flat his first time at the track - you might remember him because his corner headlights fell out on track and they made fun of him in the drivers meeting) drive my car and he was running down race prepped Caymans that were towed there in semi trucks. He is a way better driver than me.

According to GPS data my optimal lap time at Mid Ohio club configuration is a mid 1:41. I think I will need to be much more patient on the throttle and have slower corner entry to even approach that.

I always thought this was a funny picture...at Putnam with 10/10ths

Last edited by Jon@NL; 10-06-2015 at 09:44 AM..
Appreciate 0