Thread: M3 vs 335i
View Single Post
      01-22-2008, 04:39 PM   #69
drvai
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

The GT-R will be a great car, but the spirit of the car itself is completely different (I'm not saying that is better or worse, it's just another thing). The same thing goes for american cars and that's before talking about the quality of american cars... german quality and "feel" is something else.

What can beat the M3 (in the same department) is the new RS4, which will be launched in at least a couple of years..... Will all depend on how hard Audi works. I don't thunk that they will use an engine with much more power than the M3. It's supposed to be a V10 and MUCH more expensive. MRSP will be at least 70k. The same think happened with the old generation. The old M3 had 330HP, after a couple of years, the 420HP RS4 came and although it was prefered by a lot of people over the E46 M3, it was very expensive and the performance wasn't that over the M3.

And the last thing... as jeremy Clarkson said: BMW invented the compact performance cars and even though other manufactures have been trying to imitate it with good results, they still are copies.

The same things happens with the S class. 7 series, lexus, infinnity, etc.. make great large saloons, but the S class is the king... no matter what.
Appreciate 0