masq
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F10 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwelch
Quote:
Originally Posted by masq View Post
Has anyone successfully retrofitted a BMW alarm system on a 2011+ E9x?

I started experimenting with a kit, and spent about 15 hours total before getting stuck at the wiring portion of the installation. The instructions for the three wires that tap in for power, K-CAN-High and K-CAN-Low is incorrectly described in the installation guide (attached), as the fuse slot for the power wire doesn't exist, and the K-CAN wire colors do not match up as the installation guide suggests.
Thanks all
In the diagrams that I have access to for the 2011 and 2012 models, both show that the K-CAN wires are Orange/Green (Orange with a Green stripe) at pin #46 and Green at pin #10. Reading the directions you provided show on page 7 and 14 the same colors at those pins (slots).

Is there a chance that you are not looking at the 54 pin connector X14271. I believe the connector should be black. Check for those wire colors in the harness to X14271.

Any chance of snapping a picture of the connector you are looking at along with the junction box?

If you need the diagrams PM me with your email address.
Oh sweet! I'll definitely take pics when I can get under the dash tomorrow. Thanks
Appreciate 0