View Single Post
      02-03-2011, 08:55 PM   #15
Chako
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrip View Post
Congrats on doing what so many members of this forum are too lazy to do: getting the info directly from the manufacturer .

Cheers
I actually did PM Cobb.

But I thought it would be good to see if anyone else felt the same way regarding the AccessPORT. Maybe if there is enough demand COBB can make a business case.

Powertrip, I have read and taken some of your advice before from the forum, and I do appreciate it. But don't be condescending with me. I am a reasonable guy and I did search the forum to see if there was anything written about COBB on M3Post before starting the thread.

We all share the same interests, so let's enjoy it together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DublinM3 View Post
I believe the biggest issue is that the M3 unlike the turbo cars have tuner protected software that cannot be accessed with these devices. The ESS direct flash unit I was told can be used on M3's that are supercharged for map switching / updates but only works on NA cars that have not been updated by BMW's latest locked software at this time. I am considering buying one for my supercharger as I would like to have a race gas tune for the track that I can switch to when needed.
Since the directflash is available for E60 M5, does that mean they have broken the tunerlocked ECU? Or does it mean the E60 ECU is not locked?
Appreciate 0