Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Doofus.

I'm wondering how the camera survived.
Yeah, he and the camera are a testament to BMW safety design.

Reading the Comments was interesting to see the number of people defending the behaviour. The guy clearly had no high performance driver training, yet he was out driving on the public highways at and above his limits.

I have been known to drive at 8 and even 9-tenths on public highways, but I learned a lesson a couple of decades ago. Don't ever engage with another driver. Over 50-years of driving, I've had two or three drivers engage me and even though I was driving well within my limits, they were way over their limits and ended up in a ditch or worse. Thankfully, no one was ever hurt and the only damage was a seriously damaged car or two. When the last guy spun on the merge from Woodall Rogers to Stemmons Expressway in Dallas, at RUSH HOUR, I decided to start ignoring these guys. More than not are clueless and are simply drivers of fast cars that might injure innocent people. If you're involved, even though you controlled your car and didn't touch anyone, you'll be first on the lawsuit list and could even receive criminal charges. If you've got a pot to piss in, it'll be taken away.

If you need to race (I do occasionally), do it at a track.

Dave