09-14-2007, 08:48 PM   #17
bartman32
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
Turbo Fan - I mostly agree with what you are saying. There is nothing like a good image. For me Learning the camera is an ongoing experiment since I have never taken a true "photography" class and everything I learn is self-taught. However I have taken a few photoshop classes. What I have figured out between the two is to use the camera. Frame your picture with the camera and take the best pic. But the real difference between the guy who "can't get good shots with his camera" and some of mine is simply adjusting colors so they look right. The majority of the photoshoping I do is not to make an image into something it's not, and not to crop an image at all. It's to simply adjust perhaps some contrast, a bit of curves and pop the colors with some saturation. Nothing more. At least with my "photos". Sure if I knew my camera better perhaps I wouldn't need as much saturation but as I said this is still a learning process for me. But I feel I can get some great pictures with some simple tools a lot of which an "old-school" guy would get out of a traditional dark-room.

That being said I have also played with some photos and those are more art than anything else. They don't look like photos and I don't intend them to be. But that's something totally different.

So when I said it's all about Photoshop, I didn't mean spending hours cutting pasting and creating an image. I meant a little color correction to restore what was there.
Appreciate 0