United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3-E46M3-E46Wagon-E89Z4-E36

Garage List
1994 325is Race Car  [0.00]
2011 BMW Z4  [0.00]
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
I think some folks are missing the point here. They want to run cars with similar levels of mods against each other. Therefore if you bring a mod'd 135, 335 or M3 it won't be competing against a stock C63. This isn't a contest to see who's mods are better since cars with similar levels of mods will be matched up for the competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theArgiope View Post
While the pro competition would emphasize the peak performance of the machine, the newbs may highlight the more superior operational system. Put folks behind the wheel who don't know the tricks of the track, and the car itself is doing more of the work.
The problem is, is there's a huge difference between newbies. I much, much larger gap than betwen skilled/experienced drivers. While I'm all for including newbies in the event, newbies aren't a good benchmark to measure any car. I've seen newbies in Civics be faster than newbies in R8s. Obviously that doesn't mean the Civic is a faster car.

You actually have it backward, a skilled driver will have the car doing more of the work, a typical newbie won't even get the car to break a sweat. The newbie may think he/she is fast, but the typically the stopwatch says otherwise.

Last edited by skierman64; 12-13-2010 at 08:40 PM..
Appreciate 0