bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebsurf View Post
I wanted to get her this one(see below) but apparently it's not real accordingly to my local Rolex dealer. It wasn't in their master catalog. Glad it wasn't because it would have costed me a lot more $ haha
Oh, they're real. Of course, I guess that depends on what one means by real. Titan Black is a watch customizer. They start with a luxury, take them apart, change out parts, coat parts, apply custom engraving/printing, etc, then put them back together and charge a grip. There's big money in that business, but personally, I'd probably stay away.

Not that anyone buys watches as an investment, but if at some time in the future you need to recover some of the money you spent on the watch, you're far better off with a "stock" Rolex. Rolex watches, curiously enough, retain their value very well. I say that's "curious", because a lot of horology snobs look down their nose at them. Rolex produces a lot of watches, so there's a certain kind of watch person that simply can't look past that.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Good call sticking with a Rolex on the master model list. You'll thank yourself later when you want to trade-in.

Oh, and one more thing. I'd probably keep her. She seems like a great sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebsurf View Post
Good call . As serious...... I'm no rich man, BUT I have no problem paying for a $6k SS rolex. It's a every day starter watch for the wife to sport/bang around.If she don't lose it and takes care of it... I'll upgrade her later. But as she would say in my fave workout shirt.....(pic taken in my double wide/watch box in right side of pic)
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0