04-12-2015, 03:36 PM   #7
BNBM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E92

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooyab View Post
It's been 6 months since I've got this car and I've noticed a few things.

First off, among the car enthusiasts of the world, this car is respected. Anytime you drive next to one there's a mutual thumbs up or head nod of appreciation to one another. It's happened with multiple M3s, couple muscle cars, and even some regular cars with people who just love cars. Even people who aren't full enthusiast come and ask what engine or how much power it has. All my neighbors seem to really love it, both the kids and the older people.

Then there's the normal people who aren't car fanatics, and they think, "oh look another Mercedes Benz 320i".

And then there are the people who have some kind of issue. Either they're jealous or just had a bad day and decided to take it out on me.
Once I was followed to my friend's house, by a neighbor after dropping another friend off, and he says I can't drive through "his" neighborhood anymore because it's loud. He threatens to call the cops, I ignore him and walk away. I have the OEM mod, so my car really isn't loud, especially considering some of the cars in that area.
Then, today, I was driving home today and I stop at this cross walk because there’s guy and two kids hanging out there so I think they’re going to cross the street. I wait a bit then one of the kids say "oh we’re not crossing" so I’m like "oh ok" and i go, but as I’m going i hear the dad yell “fucking retard” to me. I ignore that guy and keep driving too. Felt bad for the kids for having a dad like that though.
Can't do anything about these people besides ignore them

Last thing I've noticed is that I really love this car, the engine, the looks, and the comfort to performance. Summer will be mod season. I don't think I'll ever be getting rid of it, forever a part of the collection. Transmission could be a bit smoother during traffic but I've read the DCT tune should fix that, and fuel tank could be bigger, but other than that,
No wonder you have so many haters. Look where you are from. You would get a lot more respect in a Prius V.
Active Autowerke Gen 2 Level 2 SC / StopTech ST60/40 BBK
Appreciate 0