10-10-2009, 03:42 PM   #22
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kustjag View Post
I know it is frustrating but just remember about the really cool new voice control system in the 2010's! I think that technology change was worth the wait over a 2009 in my opinion. The new system allows you to input addresses in one voice commands (ex. naturally say "1600 Pennsylvania avenue, washington, dc") instead of having to input state, city, street, number.

Moreover the new system will allow us to access music on our entertainment unit hard drive with the voice command (ex. just say "Guns and Roses, Patience")
I don't think the voice recognition works quite like that. For inputting you still tell it the Zip or City, then spell the street and tell it the number address, start guidance. After you have it saved in your address book, all you have to say is White House and it we take you there. I had mine for a couple weeks and just got around to trying it out. I spent most of the afternoon downloading music to the 12GB hard drive, got the low charging warning light & quit. I can watch DVD's while standing still. In my 08 335, DVD's didn't work. Is this a new option?
Appreciate 0