12-02-2014, 12:00 PM   #44
auggiem3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C & E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Esq View Post
^Nice review. I have been running Stoptech street pads on stock rotors, with ATE fluid and ST stainless lines. I have been very happy with these so far. I am just getting up into the intermediate run groups so my speeds are moderate. I predominitly track at Lime Rock, where there is one big braking zone going from the main straight into big bend. I am generally hitting about 130mph on the straight and trail braking down to about 75 through turn one. There are a few other moderate braking zones but overall I am not on the brakes a whole lot. I've done 9 track days there this year with no issues. I just changed out the front pads yesterday for my trip to the Glen this week. They work well for me on the track and are very livable on the street, with no noise and moderate dust. I will continue using these until they give me a reason to change.
Thanks for the review - helpful. I've done Watkins for the past 2 years at CCA HPDEs. My most recent visit was on stock pads w/ high temp fluid and Michelin PSS tires. I got bumped from the Intermediate to the Advanced run group. I was keeping pace with the bulk of the group by running consistently in the low to mid 2.20's.

While not an expert by any means, I have about 25 days on track with some good formal education (Skip Barber Advanced Car Control and 2 Day Advanced Racing School plus a few M schools and a Bondurant 3 Day Racing Program). This year, my 5th putting the e92 on track, I'd like to swap into a more aggressive tire (thinking Toyo Rs) and upgrade pads on OE rotors.

I'm torn between a dedicated track pad (Pagid RS 19s) vs. something better than stock like the StopTech street performance. I've been making OE work, so I just wonder how much more I need if I only plan to run 6 track days next year?

What is your feedback on the StopTech pads at Watkins?
Appreciate 0