View Single Post
      12-14-2011, 10:10 AM   #153
Ateam
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Thats a good point-its like the more settings and adjustability you have, the more you basically always constantly want to adjust things! I noticed this with my 20 way comfort seats in my last bimmer. For 4 years I still did not go a day without making some adjustment because from day to day for some reason the seat would feel less comfortable one day compared to the next!

My last car had the basic stereo wtih only treble and bass and that puppy was not adjusted once in 4 years.

Now with the m3 the seats are much less adjustable so I really do not adjust them but the stereo is adjusted every damn time I drive!

Sometimes simple is better.

One thing I do not get is why this system does not have some pre-set settings such as -rock, pop, classical etc. because to me there is really a difference in what settings sound good for most rock songs v. a completely different set for pop.

Todays pop songs tend to have their bass and low frequencies much more boosted in the recording and requires much less boosting your equalizer which keeps the low sounds crystal clear, however rock tends to require more boosting on the EQ due to lack of lows built in the recording which unfortunatley makes things more disorted
Appreciate 0