View Single Post
      08-10-2011, 11:22 PM   #69
boothguy
Piacere di Guidare
Rep
Drives: '11 E93 M3, 5-11 ED

I had had a bright(ish) blue car from 2004-8 and was a little reluctant to go there again with the M3. I tried hard to like Silverstone and Melbourne. Really hard. Just couldn't get there because of the odd tones they took on in different lighting. I get that that's what BMW was going for with these colors - uniqueness. But the variations in Melbourne, Silverstone and Interlagos just lost me. I feel like the car in either shade of white looks too hippy - as in overweight. Either of the blacks? I have another black car - and I'm not making that mistake again. And my '08 was Space Gray. Process of elimination leaves Le Mans Blue. I would have preferred to have been really drawn in by Le Mans Blue, but have to tell you that once I saw the color, combined with the Bamboo leather and the Sycamore Anthracite trim, which has a subtle tan fleck which picks up the seat color, I question why I made myself suffer over this choice in the first place. I got LOTS of compliments on it from people who saw it on the street in italy (as in the pic below - me looking smug with my arms folded), and people who saw my ED trip pix. Can't wait to get it back.
Attached Images

Last edited by boothguy; 08-10-2011 at 11:35 PM..
Appreciate 0