View Single Post
      06-18-2012, 11:33 PM   #42
m5_dude
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver E90 View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I am very disappointment that BMW Motorsport didn't support Rahal in going to Le Mans. He had the invites, the competitive car and the drivers to compete for the win and he WANTED to go, but BMW couldn't "support" the effort. I followed BMW into F1 and watched Vettel in his first race at Indy, and have been a big follower of the ALMS program, and baffled by this.

Audi is running FOUR LMP1s at Le Mans AND is in DTM (Plus the R8 GT3)
Mercedes has a Formula 1 team AND is in the DTM (Plus the SLS GT3)

Is BMW's motorsport program really that small? To me that's kinda sad when they are supposed to be the sportier "Ultimate Driving Machine" of the three German brands.

I just think it makes them look bad. and for everything that RLL has done for the brand in North America they couldn't support them for the biggest race of the year?

Unreal.

On a side note I've tried to watch DTM and even with all the BMW Motorsport PR it is nowhere as good as GT racing. Period. It's F1 with fenders. But that's my opinion.
THIS! Look if they can find a way to be ultra competitive in the Rolex series I might forgive them but the 24 Heures of Le Mans is the ultimate sports car racing stage and the ALMS is in my opinion a lot more exciting. I just feel like they owe a better explanation to people who regard this brand as one that was born on the track.
Appreciate 0