02-19-2010, 02:16 PM   #36
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePerfectExposure View Post
Many of the cars that I posted up were completely repainted.

It might look off in the pictures because they are 3 stage pearl paint.

They are very tricky to match, even when the rest of the car was painted using the same paint from the same batch. Also, if the bumper or side skirts does not reflect light at the same angle as the adjacent panel, it will look different in pictures if you look hard enough.
For those cars that were completely repainted and still look off, that clearly means that the body kits weren't prepped properly before painting. And it's not an issue of angles and light reflection or else sides of the cars would look off, not just the body kits. Trust me, I understand how tricky it is to get the paint matched perfectly and for kits to get fitted perfectly. I have an aftermarket front bumper myself. You have to get a high quality product, which are expensive, you have to get a very experienced high-end paint shop, and you have to have a body shop that knows how to line everything up just right. And all of that is not cheap, but do it right or not at all.

You can tell the ones in your pictures that were done properly. For example, I actually think the cars in pics 5 and 6 look good.

I can appreciate the fact that some people really like the slammed on bags with crazy negative camber and blingtastic wheels look, even though it's not for me at all. I also understand that a lot of work and time went into these cars, so my apologies if my first post came across as too critical.