Thread: C63 or M3?
View Single Post
      08-18-2009, 12:03 PM   #108
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Interesting. I post my appreciation of a car I almost bought (and have owned in the past) yet make one design comment, and someone immediately starts off with the fanboy stuff. And the thread breaks down all over again. I even mentioned that I'm looking forward to the new 5er model as a potential purchase. And I brought up an already known controversial design as it is anyway.

And then somebody links my post and responds about the C63 and M3. Two cars I never mentioned. And now the trash talk starts up once again. Sigh.

This forum is becoming useless. Nobody can talk about anything unless it's some sort of BMW pep rally. I don't get it. Are people so insecure that they can't realize these are cars and nothing else. What you own doesn't determine who you are as a human being. Or your intelligence. Or status in life. Far from it. But that doesn't seem to be the case here. Most posters seem to be living that BMW owner stereotype, which is truly unfortunate. Unbeknownst to them, they are perpetuating that (inauspicious and overgeneralized) myth.

This is one of the most juvenile car forums on the internet, imho. I'm on it because I am a BMW fan and former owner (of many), and am ready for another car to add soon. Occasionally there's some good info here.

Why is it that other car forums can maturely discuss the pros and cons of their cars (and other makes) but rarely here?

This place sometimes feels like being in high school all over again. Which was a long time ago for me and a place I'm not interested in re-visiting.
Appreciate 0