View Single Post
      06-28-2014, 02:10 AM   #4
modkrazy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesc63 View Post
that extended warranty sucks and for 1-2k less u can get all the same coverage.... u should try USAA/Carchex(Assurant), EasyCare, and Zurich.

Also don't talk to me about problems. Everybody has problems and lots of people lie about it. I've had the car for 1 month and have had problems.

With used cars u must take care of your car. What everybody doesn't know is that once their factory warranty is up, u cant just get your car checked like u have now, it literally must have something wrong with it otherwise there is a 150$ diagnostic fee and that goes for every extended warranty available. Be sure to check the fine print your extensive factory warranty doesn't cover some wear and tear items like for example angel eyes/lamps or weather seals which can be very common problems and expensive. However I've had to replace 1 angel eye and it only cost 50$.

I also recommend the lowest deductible possible and don't bother even shopping for a warranty until like December or something because u have lots of warranty left.
I would think it makes sense to shop now while I have time to negotiate and find the right price, rather than scrambling at the last minute.

I am aware of the diagnostic fee and lack of coverage on any wear and tear, and if anything, it's an argument against the warranty.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say people lie about problems. Are you saying I'm lying about what I've experienced with this car for three years? I'm the original owner. This bitch is rock solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
I would go with BMW program instead of third party, it's worth it should you have any unexpected problem with the vehicle which is not cheap to repair.
I would definitely go with the BMW program, the extra cost is worth not having to deal with a third-party adjuster and rather just going to my extremely mod-friendly dealership who just fix whatever I ask them to fix. My only "issue" with them is they keep changing my oil every time I bring it in because they keep forgetting to reset my service meter (and I guess check the date last service was performed). Yes, I know it's not bad as far as issues go, but I need a sample for Blackstone older than 3K miles.
Appreciate 0