10-06-2011, 12:03 AM   #11
mastek
e36s54, e70x5d
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo8765 View Post
Which pro is wearing an R3? I wasn't aware of a pro sanctioning body which allows anything other than the HANS??
Ya -- I think theres a small Pro organization called NASCAR that sanctions it
http://www.stockcarracing.com/techar...s/viewall.html

"The SFI 38.1 requirement has been adopted by NASCAR and many other racing series and is useful because if the restraint system you use complies with it, you can be assured that it will help your head and neck withstand impacts that could otherwise be fatal. The test is so rigorous, however, that some devices designed for the previous 50g standard, such as the original Hutchens design, won't pass. Ashline still sells the Hutchens-with the Kevlar upgrade-because it is one of the most cost-effective units on the market and many racers prefer it. "The Hutchens still works," Ashline says. "I have reams and reams of test data that proves it will help a driver in an accident, so I will sell it to someone if that's what they want. Sometimes that's all they can afford. But they should be aware there are models available, such as the R3 or my Hutchens Hybrid, that offer even more protection."
HANS Device Hutchens Hybrid

Safety Solutions sells five different head-and-neck restraint systems for adults. All are designed to fit different needs and fit different budgets. The Hutchens Hybrid, the Hutch II, and the R3 all meet SFI 38.1 standards. The original Hutchens Device and the D-cel also offer significant protection but are not SFI 38.1 certified. The HANS Device is also certified."
Appreciate 0