09-22-2009, 12:26 PM   #14
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpWtE92 View Post
I mentioned this in another thread, but I have noticed more and more Calif. Hwy Patrol officers using Laser. If the officer is using Laser, you'll be lucky if your V1 detects it before you get targeted. My V1 has yet to go off when I see an officer using laser (I'm assuming they are since they are standing outside the car). And yes, I have the V1 properly mounted right next to my rear view mirror. I'm at a point now where I simply don't drive that fast on the freeways because I know a lot of laser speed guns are out there. Frankly, if I didn't already have a V1, I probably would not get it or any radar/laser detector now because its effectiveness is now limited where I live.
My V1 picks up laser from cars being targeted ahead of me even when I can't see the cop at the side of the road. It does work. I also have a Lidatek LE-30 (no longer available) and it works too. None of these is a sure thing, but in many cases they buy you time to check your speedometer.

You also need to develop some strategies like always looking as far ahead down the road as you can, using a rabbit, etc.

Besides the Guys of Lidar you can also check out http://www.radardetector.net for some good information.