Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bimmer View Post
I hope not!
COTA's main concern was/is the track getting torn up. And it sure is getting torn up with (I think) 7 incidents of wall damage between MVP and PCA over 5 days. Even the Rolex race did less damage.

Remember the whole drama over x-mas with the DEs being on/off/on/off/on again? The story I have heard is that most or all of the COTA ownership knows very little about DEs and have very little interest in anything amateur. Before everyone goes into the COTA is screwing us hissy fit...they DID build the track for a single purpose. F1. So the story continues...a higher level manager at COTA who is familiar with DEs made the case and got COTA ownership to agree to run DEs (not sure if club races fall into this category) on a try and see basis. THIS was very clearly communicated at the Driver's Edge event that everyone was to be on their best behavior. Things went exceptionally well and management AND ownership was pretty happy.

At one of the DEs, let's say that I saw the high level manager's face (same guy who fought for us DE'ers to run at COTA) bright red with an obviously pissed off look on this face. My guess is that its not looking good for us DE'ers.

By far the most annoying aspect is that it seems like DE orgs and drivers from far away come into Texas and aren't respecting the track or the opportunity being afforded to us.

So I'm hopeful since this BMWCCA event seems to mostly be Texans...a very good thing. I guess the racers will be the big x-factor.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0