View Single Post
      03-28-2008, 08:43 PM   #25
sayemthree
Major General
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X3mC ‘20 Raptor ‘04 X3 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbb357 View Post
Actually, if you look it up, the ISF is actually pretty loud and stiff. And what's the history of the Autobahn has got to do of what we're talking about. Are you saying that German cars are tested in the Autobahn and BMW is one of the best handling cars out there. Really, wow, i'm sure nobody knew about this. Thanks for the history. Back on topic, my response is due to your ridiculous comment about Toyota's and Japanese engineering in general. So let me ask you again, do you really think that BMW engineering is better because they take the Autobahn and the Japanese takes the train.

I never said BMW engineering is better. better is relative. Lexus engineers build a more polished, quiet smooth, isolated car than anyone else.
German cars have be bred and designed for the autobahn for the last 50 years. Japanese cars have been designed for crowded dense metropolitan centers where long distance commuting is by train. Mercedes, AUdi, Porsche, BMW all owe their last 50 years of delelopment to the Autobahn.