View Single Post
      08-23-2007, 02:12 AM   #56
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: still deciding what to order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillac Johnson View Post
You dont want Toyota having much input because they dont currently have a performance car in their production lineup? That's your argument correct?

If this were 1998 and the Supra was still in production would you feel differantly?

As I said before, if you wanna talk about true performance cars, ie. F1, LeMans, Indy, etc. Toyota is far, far more involved than Subaru. With that in mind, wouldn't you want Toyota to have MORE input than Subaru?

I dont understand how you can base your opionion on a very small part of the company as a whole. Not taking into account their history and racing involvement is pretty near sighted.

To be honest I really don't care. I would buy the new STI over this thing anyway, so it makes no difference to me. I think it will come out being a little more interesting if Subaru has more input though.

Would I feel differently if it were 1998? You keep coming at me with these hypothetical situations as if they are relevant to what we are talking about. Who cares what I would have said in 1998? It's 2007. We're not talking about what Toyota has done or might do we are talking about what it does. The fact remains that everyone keeps talking about the Supra and Toyota designed the last Supra over 15 years ago. If that is the best car you can think of then it proves my point. Toyota doesn't build any interesting sports cars and they haven't in a long time. They are a huge car company and they don't even make one! Subaru is tiny and they make one of the most exciting cars to drive on the road. Isn't that enough for you?

As far as F1 goes, who cares? A 2.0 liter cheap sports car has pretty much nothing to do with F1 racing. If we were talking about F1 cars here, yeah Toyota would know more than Subaru. We aren't though. We are talking about a cheap 2.0 liter sports car. Subaru makes what is arguably the best one of these in the world. Toyota makes absolutely nothing like that.

Last edited by 010101; 08-23-2007 at 03:09 AM..
Appreciate 0