View Single Post
      03-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #30
muskamatt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optherion View Post
are you sure? Cause i remember lapping about 5 Z06's and a ZR1 a few months back with speed ventures lol. I dont think they forgot it either. They are still whining about it lol.

Im tired of being put in unlimited class with a bone stock car and street tires lol!

Its not fanboys. There are 2 stereotypes of members on M3post.

A: Those who own one e92 M3 and nothing else. Hate just about every other car other than the M3, but in reality is probably all they can afford.

B: Those of us who have M3's along with our other toys.
I am in no way doubting your ability to drive, however, I know that there are a fair amount of individuals at speedventures who aren't pushing it anywhere near 100% out there. I personally have not driven the GTR, however, I have driven a z06 and ZR1 fairly extensively on the track and from what I understand they may are a bit more difficult to extract the performance that they are capable of. I would often find myself in 3rd in the ZR1 knowing fully well I should be in 2nd for my best time. However, there is something a bit nerve-racking about 638hp going through 2 (although gigantic) rear tires in a 6 figure car that is not your own.

While I in no way doubt your driving abilities (you seem to have quite the stable and therefore quite the ability to destroy tires, bring different vehicles and learn on various platforms) I do doubt others who are driving GTRs as well (yes I know there are corvette guys out there who don't know how to drive as well but I guess the bottom line is there are always guys out there who have cars that are far beyond their capabilities which usually make these track day 'kill' stories pointless).

(so therefore I will go ahead and add another story ) I essentially outran a GTR in a stock c5z06 due to the driver. Should he destroy me? yes. did he? no. Would I have obliterated him if i was in the GTR and he was in the c5z06? I believe I would.
Appreciate 0