View Single Post
      05-22-2011, 07:59 PM   #10
chili cheese
Major
Rep
Drives: '16 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by rldzhao View Post
Generally, I would not recommend mixing tires because you would want your traction at all four corners to be similar and consistent. I would recommend replacing all four tires.

However, regardless of what tires you get in the future, you need to address the problem that your front tires are obviously not being loaded properly. If you don't correct this, you will find the same thing happen to your new tires.

What tire pressure are you using on the track? What about alignment? If you have stock suspension, you should consider pulling the pins on the top mounts to get you some more camber.
I always started with the manufacturer's recommendations cold when I leave in the morning for the track (33 F & 35 R). I then monitor them all day releasing air to keep them no higher than around 42 psi hot. I figured that the higher pressure would help keep the sidewalls from wearing too quickly. Is this also one of my issues? Were the tire pressures too high creating too much heat?

Will "pulling the pins on the top mounts" create any issues for my DD set of wheels & tires, warranty when I go in for service, etc.? Also, can you direct me to a DIY thread on how this is done, or whether a shop needs to perform the work?
Appreciate 0